If you have potatoes in any dish, then everyone likes it. Now serve the delicious taste of Aloo Dum Biryani and please everyone. Learn how to make it ..
Whole Recipe of Aloo Dum Biryani
Follow all the steps given below to make a delicious biryani dish.
A glance of Aloo Dum Biryani
- Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- For how many people: 1 – 2
- Timing: 1.5 to 2 hours
- Meal Type: Wedge
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- one onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- coriander leaves in length , finely chopped
- mint leaves, finely chopped
- half teaspoon saffron, soak in 2 tablespoons milk,
- 3 tablespoons oil or ghee
- A bay leaf
- 2 cardamom
- 4 cloves 3
- a piece of cinnamon
- 6 pepper
- ½ tsp royal cumin or caraway
- a disk flowers
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- half tbsp garam masala powder
- salt as per taste
To cook rice:
- 1 ½ cup basmati rice
- one chakki flower
- one bay leaf
- one piece of cinnamon
- 3 small cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 4 black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon royal cumin (black cumin)
- salt to taste
Put oil in a pan and heat it on the gas. Add potato pieces and fry them.
When the potatoes are cooked, put kitchen paper on the plate and take out the fried potatoes in it.
Fry the onion in oil till it becomes golden and take it out on a separate plate.
After this, add curd, red chillies, garam masala, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, and salt and mix well by whisking it in the pot.
Now add fried potatoes in the yogurt mixture and keep it for one hour to marinate.
– Then wash and wash the rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
After this, remove the rice water. Put about 4 cups of water in the vessel and keep it hot on the gas.
Now add rice, salt, chakri flowers, small cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves and royal cumin and cook in hot water.
When the rice is cooked more than half, then turn off the gas and put them in a sieve and drain the water.
Now put oil or ghee in the pan and heat it on the gas. Then add royal cumin, bay leaf, small cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, chakri flowers and cloves and fry on medium flame.
After this, add green chilies in the pan.
When the chillies turn golden, add marinate potatoes to it and cook on low flame till it becomes soft. Take care not to mash the potatoes, then turn off the gas.
– Heat the griddle on the gas on the other side. Add coriander and some mint leaves on it, now put a layer of rice on top of it.
– Then put fried onion over the rice, sprinkle coriander and mint leaves over it.
Now cover the pan by adding saffron milk on top of it and wrap the aluminum foil around the lid and close it completely and reduce the flame to medium.
After 10 minutes, remove the lid from the pan and put the tempering of the potato on top of the biryani and reduce the flame. Cover it and cook for 10 more minutes.
Now turn off the gas and leave the biryani covered for 10 to 15 minutes so that the test of all the spices comes in it completely.
Aloo Dum Biryani is ready. Serve it hot with raita and chutney. You can also try another recipe for aloo dum biryani.